Tuesday, December 30, 2008

bad day

I had a bad day. A really bad day.

It all started out like a normal day, nothing too exciting. Katie and I have been staying with a friend who is housesitting, so we've been enjoying the comforts of more than one room. That friend, Lucy, needed to work on the same side of town as I did, so I drove her to work. We were running a bit late, and I was rushing, so I screwed up my routine getting of my motorbike and forgot the key in the ignition. Now, I've done this before- not cool. This time, however, it was different. I walked out to my bike when I was ready to leave, and it was gone. My helmet was sitting on the ground, alone. FREAK OUT Called work, whose bike it is, they called the police and did all of that stuff and didn't sound too freaked. So after the shock of getting a motorcycle stolen, I had class in the afternoon. Naturally, I had to ride my bike back "home" because I didn't have a motorbike. On the way home, of course, upon accelerating from a traffic light, the crank on my bike broke, and I could not pedal. I got off and walked it the rest of the way. Of course.

So, something bad was supposed to happen to me on either a motorbike or a bicycle, and this was just karma's or whatever's confusing way of keeping me safe. Right?

No comments: